Peer College Advising Chapter Program
NAPCA recruits, trains, and places highly influential high school student leaders across the globe to serve as Certiﬁed Peer College Advisors (CPCAs) in their high school through active NAPCA High School Chapters.
In addition, NAPCA recruits, trains, and places highly influential college student leaders across the globe to serve as Certiﬁed Peer College Advisors (CPCAs) at high schools and community colleges in their community.
The CPCA® Certiﬁcation provides the public with the assurance that student leaders with the CPCA designation completed extensive training and are held to the highest ethical and educational standards of peer college advising.
Start A NAPCA Chapter
Founding a chapter of NAPCA is an exciting venture for students who accept the challenge of starting a new organization on campus. There are many benefits in starting a student run organization, including building students leadership skills, communication skills, and gaining valuable experience that is very much like starting a business.
High School and College Chapters are recognized on campus as the student organization for student leaders who are interested in:
High School Chapters & CPCAs
• Committed to build and sustain a strong “college-going and career exploration and planning culture” in their high school.
• Driven to work with high school students to help them become competitive applicants for admission to their top choice and best-fit postsecondary educational institutions.
Community College Chapters & CPCAs
• Driven to increase the number of community college students at their campus who will successfully transfer to a four-year university.
• Committed to work with high school students to help them navigate the path to college and successfully transition from high school to college.
Four-Year College Chapters & CPCAs
• Devoted to work with local community college students to help them successfully transfer to a four-year university.
• Dedicated to work with high school students to help them complete the critical steps to enroll in some form of postsecondary education within one year of their high school graduation.
Become A Certiﬁed Peer College Advisor (CPCA®)
Certiﬁed Peer College Advisors (CPCAs) are high school and college student leaders who are recruited and trained to assist professional school counselors and college counselors. High School and College CPCAs co-lead a college-going team of 20 high school students from all grade levels.
As a CPCA, you will guide each student on your team through the process of developing their 10-year personal strategic plan of action (education & career plan) to guide their efforts to accomplish their education and career goals. Additionally, you will work with each student to ensure they are competitive applicants for admission to their top choice and best-fit postsecondary educational institutions.
In addition, College CPCAs co-lead a four-year university transfer team of 20 community college students and work to ensure that each student complete the steps to successfully transfer to a regionally accredited four-year university.
CPCA® Training & Certiﬁcation Program
NAPCA trains thousands of student leaders each year across the globe to become a Certiﬁed Peer College Advisor (CPCA) in their community through classroom and online training. In order to become a CPCA, students are required to attend the CPCA training and certiﬁcation program, where aspiring CPCAs will complete a total of 100 hours of CPCA classroom training and 40 hours of supervised ﬁeldwork.
In order to complete the 140 hour CPCA training and certiﬁcation program, NAPCA offers a 3 week summer intensive CPCA training and certiﬁcation program (June through August) for student leaders aspiring to become a Certiﬁed Peer College Advisor.
Upcoming Training Dates:
- June 14, 2017 – July 1, 2017
- July 5, 2017 – July 22, 2017
- July 24, 2017 – August 10, 2017